About the job
- Serves as the lead project manager of execution of the Firm’s internal strategic initiatives. This includes the set up and managing of the project management system, assigning accountabilities among the team, performing implementation procedures, and following up on the status of initiatives.
- Manage the workflow of client service projects. Understands the firm’s available capacity and skill sets to perform the service and maximizes the utilization of the firm’s human capital.
- Supervises administrative staff. Is the point person for firm recruiting, performance evaluation, salary administration, training, CPE documentation, new employee orientation, benefit administration as well as ensuring that the Firm’s administrative team is effectively supporting the Firm.
- Participates in partner activities. Works closely with the Managing Partner and the Board. Attends all partner meetings and retreats, plans agendas for partner meetings and monitors implementation of strategic plan goals and action steps.
- Oversees (not expected to perform) internal accounting, financial and operational reporting. Includes budgeting and cash management.
- Monitors overall profitability. Analyzes financial and operating reports, identifies areas holding profits back, monitors productivity of firm personnel, monitors realization and challenging write-offs, collections and cost control.
- Manages the firm’s systems. Example: time and billing, practice management, project management, employee development and evaluation processes.
- Manages or oversees the firm’s technology. Make recommendations and leads initiatives on ways to use technology to improve operational performance.
- Manages administrative issues: space planning, high-level landlord issues, policies and procedures and supervision of the admin staff.
- Oversees property/casualty, benefit and malpractice insurance.
- Participates in mergers. Manages administrative and physical aspects of merging in smaller firms. Is often involved in due diligence.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- High attention to detail and very organized
- 5+ years of Project Management/Operations Management experience
- Experienced and effective at managing people
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to make decisions
- Proficient computer skills are essential – working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and knowledge of project management and tracking applications
- Team player with ability to communicate well with clients and associates
- Dynamic, Team Based Work Environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- 8.5 paid holidays
- Firm always closed week between Christmas and New Years
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 40 hours of Continuing Professional Education provided annually
- Employee Development/Mentoring Program
- Strong family-oriented culture, group social outings and community projects
- Revenue Sharing Bonus Program
Apex CPA’s & Consultants, Inc. is a forward-thinking accounting, tax and advisory firm located in St. Charles, IL with a second location in Phoenix, AZ whose mission is helping our clients achieve their life’s goals through the success of their business. We do this through our relentless commitment to finding the best solution to our clients’ needs. Our innovative culture and specialized technical experience make us a valuable ally to help the growth minded business owner. For more information on our firm and the services we provide please visit www.apexcpas.com.